May 5, 2018
Knowing you can totally trust one another brings a type of
freedom and comfort that helps your relationship work in
the best way possible. If there is anything that will bring your
relationship down the drain it’s lies and dishonesty your
relationship needs to be honest and direct— you also need to
overcome your own truth.
In this episode of Pitching the Truth, Gregory Paul dive deep on
ways you can do your reality check with your relationship, not only
to benefit the other person but most importantly for YOURSELF.
How to have a more Truthful, Direct and Honest
Relationship with your Family, Friends, and Finances
This is the toughest part because as they say “You can pick
your friends but not your family.”
- Reflect on how you want to manage your family. Step
back and take inventory of your life and decide what is
- Talk to them intimately. Be direct and honest. You have to
do this to benefit yourself not the other person. Creating a space
for a truthful, direct and honest dialogue can create a deep great
conversation with your family. If you can lay down what you want,
your partner will be more likely to do the same.
- Do not be afraid to open up to your family.
- Take inventory of who you surround yourself.
- Avoid negative unhappy friends because you cannot benefit
from them. But try to change them in a way that you are direct and
- Try opening up to your friend about something that’s
worrying you in a deep conversation. Not just to rant.
- Be honest and direct the struggles you are facing with
regards to your business.
- Admit your own mistakes.
- Ask for support and financial pieces of advice. Do not try
to sort things on your own.
- In instances, when someone asks you to lend them money, ask
about their business plan and how they plan to pay you back. It is
okay to be direct and question them. There is nothing wrong with
that. When it comes to finances people do not pay attention to what
is happening and what is important in regards to the drive of the
individual that you are lending the money to.
01:30 – Greg’s early relationship with the wrong
05:34 – Greg’s relationship check with his brother and how
it opened up a closer tie between them
05:49 – Greg’s deep talk with his partner, and how the
conversation led to a more structured open relationship
07:07 – reasons why men need a solid core group to discuss their
issues and personal struggles
07:54 – how Greg’s relationship struggle led to the lost his own
11:44 – The Drama of the Gifted Child
14:05 – Your relationship with your Friends, family, and
Tweetable Takeaways from this Episode
- You cannot be afraid to speak your truth. You cannot be afraid
to be a little bit direct.
- People are not getting into their truth because they are afraid
that somebody might reject them or get mad at them.
- Lying, manipulating and trying to create a persona that you
think others will approve of is a common problem that people out
there is doing to impress others.
- Being direct and honest and expressing how you feel and what
you want out of that relationship is extremely important.